Well done to all the working parents who embrace the craziness of life, keep smiling and manage to hold onto their sanity. Juggling everything and being successful at it can be hard- anyone who says otherwise is lying.
For anyone struggling to keep their balls in the air at the moment, heres a list of some of the balls that I drop (and feel guilty about) on a daily basis;
- Drinking enough water (not coffee or wine)
- Spending quality time with the kids
- Acknowledging my partmer existence (what is date night??)
- Getting enough sleep – hence the create a blog idea at 5am
- Feeling effective at work – even if I dedicated my life to the cause, it would not be enough!
- Exercising- ha, does carrying a toddler whilst trying to transfer the shopping from car to house count?
- Completing house hold tasks/ keep the house presentable-epic fail with a pooping toddler
- Being tolerable outwith work – or sociable at all 😂
- Any sort of skincare routine – some mornings I wake up like a member of Kiss.
- Making a home cooked nutritious meal
- Not losing my shit on the 2 hour commute- temp roadworks are a bitch!
Theres definitely more…but moral of the story is perfection doesn’t exist and the mission to accomplish it usually results in burnout. This is something I need to remind myself of daily, but be kind to yourself, the pile will still be there tomorrow.